The QB64 Edition

Full Version: Amazons Board Game in QB64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

Amazons Board Game is a 2 player game. The goal is to block your opponent in so they have no more moves left.

The game is played on a 10 X 10 board with each player having 4 pieces already arranged on the board when first setup. Each player takes turns moving one of their pieces and then placing a marker on the board. I call it a marker, the rules refer to it as a arrow. The first player plays the White pieces and the second player plays the Black pieces. The Red Marker acts as a block and can not be moved.

On a Players turn, each player chooses a piece on the board and moves it in one of eight directions, similar to how a queen moves, but without capturing. Players can not jump over any pieces. After placing their piece in the new location, in one of the eight directions from the new position.
I have added colored squares on the board to indicate legal moves.

The game is played using ARROW KEYS to move the Cursor and ENTER to select a piece or location. You can use BACKSPACE to select another another piece.

I have included Rules and a Strategy Guide.

Hope you enjoy playing.

Donald
Another Great Game Donald Smile

I Seem to remember the Name of this One from somewhere which is a bit of a Relief as I felt I had Never Seen any of your Games in My life before and I am a Games Person! Wink

Anthony.
Anthony,

Thank you for the reply. Amazons is a recent game that I hadn't previously written before. That was a quick game to write. I started on it Wednesday night, worked on it some Thursday at work and finished it Thursday night. I didn't come across and coding problems, as I usually do. That's why I have so many games started, but not finished. I run into a problem and it gets put a side for a while.

Anyway, I'm glad you like it and thanks again.

Donald
Reference URL's