You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Amazons Board Game in QB64 - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Amazons Board Game in QB64 (/showthread.php?tid=379)

Amazons Board Game in QB64 - Donald Foster - 04-09-2015 11:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

Amazons Board Game is a 2 player game. The goal is to block your opponent in so they have no more moves left.

The game is played on a 10 X 10 board with each player having 4 pieces already arranged on the board when first setup. Each player takes turns moving one of their pieces and then placing a marker on the board. I call it a marker, the rules refer to it as a arrow. The first player plays the White pieces and the second player plays the Black pieces. The Red Marker acts as a block and can not be moved.

On a Players turn, each player chooses a piece on the board and moves it in one of eight directions, similar to how a queen moves, but without capturing. Players can not jump over any pieces. After placing their piece in the new location, in one of the eight directions from the new position.
I have added colored squares on the board to indicate legal moves.

The game is played using ARROW KEYS to move the Cursor and ENTER to select a piece or location. You can use BACKSPACE to select another another piece.

I have included Rules and a Strategy Guide.

Hope you enjoy playing.

Donald