You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Isolation Board Game in QB64 - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Isolation Board Game in QB64 (/showthread.php?tid=391)

Isolation Board Game in QB64 - Donald Foster - 05-26-2015 01:15 PM

Each game has it's own set of challenges. Who I'm going to make the Board and Pieces. Which user inputs to use. Then there's the logic, how to if a player has a legal and what are the possible locations and has a player won or lost the game.

I do want to start creating sprites a pieces and load them into the game. Once I can do that with no problem, I try to help Anthony with his chess game, if he still needs help.

There are types of games I want to make, but don't know how to do the logic. Exp: Go, there are way to many ways to surround pieces and be able to code that. There is also the games that link one end of the board to the other end. Anthony is pretty good at algorithms. I wonder if he could come up win one for those problems.

I also want to make hex board games. I have successfully made a hex board game over 20 some years ago. But the is still cut square, even though the spaces on the are hexagons. I have down load a few pages of articles on formulas for calculating neighboring board positions. But algebra and trig are NOT my strong points at all.

Every game I make I spend a lot of time playing it by myself. Then after the game is finished, I still have play many more games to make sure the game is working properly. I know what you mean by playing by yourself.

Donald