You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Foursight Board Game in QB64 - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Foursight Board Game in QB64 (/showthread.php?tid=394)

Foursight Board Game in QB64 - Donald Foster - 06-12-2015 09:24 PM

Walter,
The game is really easy to play. At the beginning of the game when you asked to play the Manic, just select No til your used to the regular version first. The game is a simple 4 in a row game. However, before a colored piece can be played, there must white base piece played in that position first. Take a look at the second screenshot I posted, all of the colored pieces are played on op of a white piece. And there's a empty base piece played also. One of the pictures I posted might be a bit confusing. There's a picture of white pieces with 2 colored pieces stacked on top of it. That is NOT how the game is played and hey shouldn't have taken a picture with that arrangement. But, I used the picture because it shows a good image of all the colors. The second thing you should keep in mind is that you are playing half of your opponent's pieces and they are playing half of yours. So be careful of what pieces you have left to play and where you play the base pieces. Your also opponent wins if you make a four in a row of their color and vise versa. If after all the pieces are played and no winner, another round starts. Also, a player wins who ever gets 4 sets of 3 in a row.

Donald

I found a problem with the version I uploaded. It only looked for a win for the current player. Keeping in mind that the opponent can be the winner also, I modified the code to look for both winners. I have included a updated version attached here.