You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Waltersmind's - OpenGL Triangle Demo - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Waltersmind's - OpenGL Triangle Demo (/showthread.php?tid=213)

Waltersmind's - OpenGL Triangle Demo - Waltersmind - 08-22-2017 12:21 AM

Donald,

We all will always have new things to learn until the day we can not lean no more. After 30+ years, I am still striving for perfection and professionalism in my work, both in the crafting of the code, and the things I learn to make with those magical words.

This forum is here to help teach people things they never knew, and that goes for myself as well.

I am in the process of moving (well, will be shortly), but once I get settled in and can think clearly, I want to spend more time creating ways of teaching people knew things and ideas instead of just sharing code. I want to create a section (which one is already made, but hidden from the rest of you) on this forum where I will write articles on the fundamental details on how things work instead of writing code to show how I would use those fundamental ideas to create the cool demos I make.

Knowledge is the understanding of the fundamentals of how things work. When you have that knowledge, or at least a good concept of it, then you can take your tools (programming languages) and craft that understanding and knowledge into a living demo or application.

To me, coding is the means to bringing my ideas to life were they can be used as they are intended. This means that if the living idea is a game, then it is meant to entertain, teach, educate, rack your brain, and everything else related to what games do. This goes for anything else that is brought to digital life through the language of computer code.

If you would like to know how to do something, please ask. I will be happy to try to help share the knowledge.

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer