You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Input Board Game in QB64 - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Input Board Game in QB64 (/showthread.php?tid=187)

Input Board Game in QB64 - Waltersmind - 11-13-2014 01:27 AM

Donald,

I wouldn't look at it as an "unnatural way", the "wrong way", or the "right way" to play the game. Just like with programming, or even outer space, I see the way you drew the game on screen as a "different perspective". Sometimes different perspectives allows us to see, and/or understand those things we are familiar with, or think we are familiar with, in a way that could give us new insights, ideas, and/or a better tactical advantage. Looking at things differently could allow us to see things in a whole new light.

On Earth, directions (Up, Down, Left, Right, etc...) are all very common for us, and those concepts are taught to us as soon as we leave our mothers belly, or the test tube chamber (he he). It is an understanding that has become an instinct to us, and our ways of life are primarily based on those concepts. We see through the eyes of those concepts, and our very biological being is designed around them. Our ears helps our bodies to stabilize against the force of gravity and send signals to the brain so it can determine the next split-second course of action it must take. We have come to trust those concepts, and rely on them heavily.

Then, extraterrestrial space ships crashed landed on our planet in the 1950's and we humans took the technologies and built our own space crafts and left the planet. Then all of the sudden, they became confused and disoriented as their most trusted friend vanished. It was at that moment that the Earth's astronauts became enlightened to the truth and reality of a whole new concept, which was there is no such thing as directions, only
perspective.

My whole point here is, just because we look at things in different perspectives, like your game, does not make it bad. It could even make it better once a person accepts the new perspective.

I am going to close this post with a picture (that we all may have already seen) that helps one look at things in different perspectives.

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer

[attachment=308]