You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign - Waltersmind - 02-02-2015 06:12 PM

Anthony / Donald,

Thank you for the compliments! I am excited that some of my work can bring joy to others, which is what "The Joyful Programmer" is all about.

Anthony, you did mention LED signs in the red color LED sing thread, and I have read them. Also, thank you for the wonderful links you provided in your last post.

It is very easy to change from 256-color images and screens, to 32Bit full color when using the SCREEN & _NEWIMAGE keywords. All you have to do is: SCREEN _NEWIMAGE(Width, Height, 32). The last parameter, the number "32", tells QB64 to create the new image as a 32Bit image.

I have attempted to load 8Bit (256 color) *.BMP images into my test demo using the _LOADIMAGE keyword, and have been both successful and unsuccessful. You can load 8Bit, uncompressed *.BMP images, but you cannot load 8Bit, compressed images into QB64. Plus, even though you can load 8Bit images into QB64, you can not use _PUTIMAGE to place the image onto the screen, or it gives an error. I have no idea at this point what is going on. I would have to do some intense investigation into QB64's source code to figure that out.

All 32Bit Color values need to be stored in a LONG variable like: Colr1& = _RGB(255, 0, 0) or Colr2& = _RGBA(255, 0, 0, 255).

I would fully suggest that you start using the 32Bit image mode, as you would have so much more fun.

The DRAW statement is a long time favorite of mine along with PLAY, though I don't use them in my modern demos. DRAW was the first graphic keyword I learned when I started playing with BASIC on the IBM PC's.

Donald, don't be shy about asking questions on this forum as well. There are some knowledgeable people on both forums that can, and will be happy to help.

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkkN3_BL4IAyOc9a1MoUr1A