You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+ Thread: Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Waltersmind's - Full Color Animated LED Sign - Donald Foster - 02-02-2015 10:40 PM

Walter,

I am starting to try out 32 bit more and have a better understanding of how to incorporate it into my games. I think that all of me new games I'll start will use 32 bit. Also, I think I might try using QB64 GL also instead of using SDL only. Reading all the posts when I first joined QB64 forum, I was lost in all the conversations about SDL and GL.

When I first downloaded QB64, it was the SDL version. I went on YouTube and watched all the QB64 tutorial series and found that most of the code was the same as my GW-BASIC I used to program in. I anticipated using the 640x480 screen mode for my games, since that's the closet match to 640x400 on the Tandy 2000. After running the 640x480 window, I was shocked to see just how small that window size was. So I went searching for another screen mode. That's when I found _NEWIMAGE and the 256 color palettes worked for me.

I joint that forum right after I completed a few of my games. After posting my games on the QB64 forun, Walter you were the first to respond back. You probably don't remember that with all the new members joining. There has been a few people leave the forum since I joined. I think it's a shame to see members feel they should leave for various reasons. With Anthony the first I saw to leave, But I found a friend with Anthony and you here. Then to see Pete and Menn leave.

Oh, by the way Walter, how do you make one image pass behind another image. For instance: I thinking of enhancing my Connect 4 game. The first change is to highlight the pieces that make up the 4 in a row when a player wins. Instead of making then search for the pattern. Second, I would like the piece that being played drop from the top of the screen and fall behind the game board. When I worked with GameMaker before learning about QB64, you could assign each sprite depth. The smaller the number, the closer the sprite was to front of the screen. For instance: the game board might be given a depth of 100 and the piece a depth of 1000. As the the sprite moves across the screen, the sprite passes behind the images with smaller depth. The images I referring to don't have to be loaded into the game, the pieces are circles that are painted.

Donald