You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
_MAPTRIANGLE Test-01 - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+-- Forum: QB64 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=483)
+--- Forum: QB64 Coders Delight (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Graphical Demos, Projects, and Special Effects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Forum: Hardware Accelerated Graphics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=344)
+----- Thread: _MAPTRIANGLE Test-01 (/showthread.php?tid=122)

_MAPTRIANGLE Test-01 - Waltersmind - 08-05-2014 04:03 PM

Here is a _MAPTRIANGLE graphics demo that uses hardware acceleration.

Please note, this demo requires the latest QB64-GL Dirty Build. Also, the current dirty-build has a bug in it that eats resources, so this demo will crash after it uses over 900MB of ram. Galleon is fully aware of this issue and it should be resolved by 8/18/14.

I created the explosion image, so it is not copyrighted material found on the internet. You may use it for what project you wish.

[attachment=187]

Here is a YouTube video of the demo in action.

The window can be resized manually, so grab the corners or sides and start dragging!

Have some fun!

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer

RE: _MAPTRIANGLE Test-01 - Donald Foster - 12-04-2014 11:37 PM

Walter, 

I have no clue how you make your graphics, but it is really nice. I have a lot to learn.

Donald

RE: _MAPTRIANGLE Test-01 - Waltersmind - 12-05-2014 04:44 PM

Donald,

The explosion graphics was created by a program I found on the internet. It was simple program that someone shared with the world. The bars with "The Joyful Programmer" on them was created with some demo code that Steve McNeil wrote. I figured since it was using hardware acceleration, I would add the explosions on it to see how many explosions I do in a second. My work computer was able to do over 15,000 explosions in a second.

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer