You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
The QB64 Edition
Spinning RGB Sub-Pixel Color Wheel - Printable Version

+- The QB64 Edition (http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum)
+-- Forum: QB64 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=483)
+--- Forum: QB64 Coders Delight (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Graphical Demos, Projects, and Special Effects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Forum: Hardware Accelerated Graphics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=344)
+----- Thread: Spinning RGB Sub-Pixel Color Wheel (/showthread.php?tid=520)

Spinning RGB Sub-Pixel Color Wheel - Waltersmind - 10-28-2016 07:18 PM

Well folks, after creating and sharing my little color rotating text demo earlier (seen here: Rotating Colors in Text Strings ver 2.0 (Cool)), I also shared the color wheel I created to use in the creation of the color rotating text demo. After posting the color wheel image, I wondered how many people would actually understand what I saw in the color wheel image. So to give people a little more insight into my thoughts, without coming out and explaining in detail what my thoughts were, I sat down and created another little animated demo to give people visual clues of my thoughts.

This demo uses three *.PNG images so I have attached a *.ZIP containing all the images and source code to the project.

One important feature that I would like to mention about this demo is that it uses hardware acceleration in QB64, and uses the _MAPTRIANGLE hardware command.

Here is a screenshot of the demo, unanimated:

[attachment=946]

The three external images that this demo uses are a *.PNG for the wheel itself, one *.PNG for the center white decal, and one *.PNG for the transparent wheel cover. I used 32-Bit *.PNG images since it uses the alpha channel which gives us the ability to have non-solid images.

To see where I came up with this color wheel, and what I used it for, please visit the post here on The QB64 Edition, located at: Rotating Colors in Text Strings ver 2.0 (Cool)

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer