You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
SIGN IN Join Our Community For FREE

(my) SmallBASIC setup on Desktop
04-30-2017, 04:40 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: (my) SmallBASIC setup on Desktop
bplus,

No, Connett circles have not been done yet here on this forum. Come to think of it, I never seen it at QB64.net either.

You will be the first.

Besides, even if you weren't the first, it is always good to get a different view, perspective, and coding skills on every project. It's great to see how other people would attempt to create something, and even better how they could make things different.

Share all you want. It only builds a larger library of projects for people to download and use.

I apologize for the confusion. I have a tendency of adding twists to the stuff I work on, recreate, and/or translate. Bad habit I guess.

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer

My goal is to bring joy, excitement, fun and education to all computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, and amateurs. I also enjoy helping and working with those who aspire at becoming masters of their craft.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
The following 1 user Likes Waltersmind's post:
bplus
04-30-2017, 07:15 PM
 (Print Post)
Ha! If twisting code is bad, I don't want to be good.

If I had to apologize for that along with all the other things, there would be no time left to code.

Isn't that the joy in programming? That and sharing the fun.
Like Post
The following 1 user Likes bplus's post:
Waltersmind (Admin)
04-30-2017, 11:51 PM
 (Print Post)
bplus,

That hit the proverbial nail on the head!

That and sharing is the joy of programming!

Funny thing about, "The Joy of Programming". I actually bought that domain name years ago, but it went to waste. A few months after purchasing it, I realized it was a mistake. That name would of held me to a much higher standard than I was willing to take on. It meant to me that I needed to make the entire community joyful, and I knew that wasn't possible. I quickly realized that I needed to not focus on trying to make everyone in the community happy, but radiate joyfulness from myself, then I could make a lot of people happy. So, I went and bought, "The Joyful Programmer", which is what I use now.

To be honest, after purchasing this domain name, I realized that I could make other people joyful programmers as well, and that is one of the reason I try to keep the peace here on this forum, and make it easy to find great content. It is also the reason I try to socialize with most of the members who post here. If Bob Ross (from "The Joy of Painting" [may he rest in peace] - yes I kinda borrowed the idea from him) were alive today and had a painting forum like this programming forum, I would had been excited to join up. If I knew I could talk to the man himself on the forum, I would be coming back over and over again. I would make it one of my communities I would be a regular at.

I know if I socialize and share things with people here, some of them would come back more and more, like yourself. I think it is awesome for the founder of something to mingle with his community. I don't think of myself as anything grand, or remotely interesting, but I believe that people like the idea that the guy (or gal) who created the site, or published it anyways, to be on there all the time because they, like myself, are the ones trying to sell themselves, their values, their ideas, their likes and dislikes, and the list goes on and on, to attract peoples attention and keep them coming back. It's basically the same concept as when someone goes to a business repeatedly to shop, they like dealing with the same sales person each time because it becomes personal. When it becomes personal on the professional level, the clients begin to trust you. When a client trusts you, you are their go-to guy, and they know you will take care of them for that line of work.

I experience everyday at work. Our clients come to buy products from me, not the other guy (my boss since we are just a two man shop for now). When they call, they ask for me. How, I believe they ask for me because I am personable with people.

Well, that is a good bit more info about me... If anyone is interested...

My goal is to bring joy, excitement, fun and education to all computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, and amateurs. I also enjoy helping and working with those who aspire at becoming masters of their craft.
Like Post
The following 1 user Likes Waltersmind's post:
bplus