You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
SIGN IN Join Our Community For FREE

No built-in graphics for Python
05-14-2017, 11:37 PM
 (Print Post)
No built-in graphics for Python
How can anyone mistake Python for a BASIC?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
05-15-2017, 12:13 AM
 (Print Post)
RE: No built-in graphics for Python
import pygame

^ there you go. two words, no punctuation, now you have graphics. it doesnt even require an _underscore. but im not saying pygame is great stuff, just the closest of the available options.

the truth is, i dont think python is basic. its got "overlap" which is the word i use most to describe the relationship. as i wrote fig to bring the two a little closer together (and bring in some other ideas) i dont think the two are equal. you can find me uttering things like... python isnt as basic as basic, but neither are some of the more overly complicated dialects these days.

its not to say that the two are the same. but if youre looking for a modern language that isnt basic that is CLOSER to what basic is-- well, you find me a language thats closer. if you consider all the different dialects out there (and i do) there isnt one thing i like about python that doesnt just about match-- python substrings? theyre in truebasic. and i dont think those are "basic enough," i prefer left and right and mid (most of the time.)

you can make python more like basic, but its still a little bit different. if you use everything it can do. which you wont.
Like Post
05-15-2017, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 12:23 AM by figosdev.)
 (Print Post)
Quote:
bplus 12:16 AM Reporting a Post

^ seriously, bro?

there are two things screwed up about this. no one has posted anything that you need to report. are you trying to get something censored? or get someone banned?

those are the only outcomes of reporting a post other than nothing. so are you trying to censor someone or ban them? really super un-cool.

it tries to tell you when you report:

Quote:
You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse.

so what is it?

the other thing wrong with this is i shouldnt be able to tell that youre reporting it. your report should be anonymous, at least to the public. walt-- reporting a post shouldnt be under "complete list." thats just standard-- people should be able to try to censor or ban me without me bothering them. and indeed, the only person that should be bothering me about this is you personally since youre the admin.

dont worry, im trying to report THIS POST of mine right now, to save you the trouble.
Like Post
05-15-2017, 12:41 AM
 (Print Post)
Walter, does figosdev get notified of reports and privy to what is said?
Like Post
05-15-2017, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 12:43 AM by figosdev.)
 (Print Post)
nope.

it only says that youre reporting it on the front page. and the time youre doing it. (im sure walt can confirm.) which i still think is too much.
Like Post
05-15-2017, 12:59 AM
 (Print Post)
I mean should I have a disagreement with anyone, it should be discussed in PMs and not publicly in forum?

Oh! but what do you do if put on ignore list, hmm... never anticipated that move.

You can NOT send PM's so how do you try and settle things privately?
Like Post
05-15-2017, 01:03 AM
 (Print Post)
* through a neutral party
* you just live with it, like other people have to when you feel justified in smearing them (only because you insist on misunderstanding what people say. oh that makes it alright when you do it all the time.)

you can report this post to me, i will delete it.
Like Post
05-15-2017, 03:02 AM
 (Print Post)
Ha! You've deleted enough, your fingers must be tired.
Like Post
05-15-2017, 03:34 AM
 (Print Post)
while there is a cease in the barrage of drama (im naming no names here, it could easily be more than one of us...) i wanted to point out that i found your logo clone extremely inspiring. ive been meaning to do something like that for years, and i was hoping to use your version.

but since i didnt think we would be on speaking terms in the future, i simply took the routines that i added to it (and no code of yours) and decided to modify fig instead.

i didnt want to do that, you know. i mean i really *preferred* to do what i was doing with draw strings 0.1 - 0.4 and it took me 8 MORE hours to modify fig the way i did.

i was a fan of draw strings, and i still think its a great program.

and even if you dont believe that, it wouldnt have pushed me to do "drawrof" if you hadnt posted it. i really love drawrof, and though it doesnt use your code (after all it taught you about free software, hmmpf) it still wouldnt have happened (not this year) without you. im still working on what to call things.
Like Post