You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
SIGN IN Join Our Community For FREE

net neutrality day-- great if it works
07-13-2017, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 07:20 AM by easylangs.)
 (Print Post)
RE: net neutrality day-- great if it works
im in favour of net neutrality. the laws that currently exist to "protect" it are not very good. the ones that will replace it will probably be less good.

either way, the problems we are having now are not merely about one specific law or another, theyre about the process that turns out these laws and get them into the book. i dont mean the entire process beginning with the signing of the constitution, i mean the bi-partisan damage thats been done to it over the decades, allowing corporations to become "people" and allowing lobbyists to subvert elections by (in practical terms) deciding which candidates we get to vote for. they dont have to "rig" the actual election-- they decide who does well in the primaries.

the candidates are different in a way that matters to voter, but corporations already know what the platforms are. if a gets in, they win some things and lose others-- if b gets in, they lose some things and win others. but when we are talking about media monopolies, they (literally) own that part of the process.

this results in industry people getting into positions that are supposed to be industry watchdogs. its a much larger (and causal) problem than the latest example or results.

i didnt make it net neutrality day. its not because i dont care about net neutrality. i care more about addressing the problem at a point where it can really change things-- i care much less about addressing the problem at a point where it cant do much, and thats where its being addressed. and if someone makes it about "trump" vs "obama" then yes, talk about parties is going to happen. the minute you dismiss (or create a false summary) of the net neutrality issue of trump doing something to obama, youre implying that one party cares more about this issue than the other. they dont-- they dont care about it all, its absolute image-based cr** and never had much of anything to do with this. but anyone that can read can plainly tell that i never brought that up. except the person that actually brought it up, incredibly.

i hope we never speak again, bplus. youre an absolute nuisance and complete p.i.t.a.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post
07-13-2017, 08:23 AM
 (Print Post)
Quote:
im in favour of net neutrality. the laws that currently exist to "protect" it are not very good. the ones that will replace it will probably be less good.

either way, the problems we are having now are not merely about one specific law or another, theyre about the process that turns out these laws and get them into the book. i dont mean the entire process beginning with the signing of the constitution, i mean the bi-partisan damage thats been done to it over the decades, allowing corporations to become "people" and allowing lobbyists to subvert elections by (in practical terms) deciding which candidates we get to vote for. they dont have to "rig" the actual election-- they decide who does well in the primaries.

the candidates are different in a way that matters to voter, but corporations already know what the platforms are. if a gets in, they win some things and lose others-- if b gets in, they lose some things and win others. but when we are talking about media monopolies, they (literally) own that part of the process.

this results in industry people getting into positions that are supposed to be industry watchdogs. its a much larger (and causal) problem than the latest example or results.

i didnt make it net neutrality day. its not because i dont care about net neutrality. i care more about addressing the problem at a point where it can really change things-- i care much less about addressing the problem at a point where it cant do much, and thats where its being addressed. and if someone makes it about "trump" vs "obama" then yes, talk about parties is going to happen. the minute you dismiss (or create a false summary) of the net neutrality issue of trump doing something to obama, youre implying that one party cares more about this issue than the other. they dont-- they dont care about it all, its absolute image-based cr** and never had much of anything to do with this. but anyone that can read can plainly tell that i never brought that up. except the person that actually brought it up, incredibly.

i hope we never speak again, bplus. youre an absolute nuisance and complete p.i.t.a.

Maybe you'd like to tweet that,

" bplus. youre an absolute nuisance and complete p.i.t.a."

"Unbelievable!" Wink

B += _
Like Post
07-14-2017, 11:54 AM
 (Print Post)
Well I guess there is such a thing as too much free speech!

We always knew there was such thing as too many ads.

It is interesting the coincidence of the appearance of this spamming at the QB64 Edition and the previous discussion on this thread.

B += _
Like Post
07-14-2017, 03:52 PM
 (Print Post)
Quote:
It is interesting the coincidence of the appearance of this spamming at the QB64 Edition and the previous discussion on this thread.

its fixed now. but youre still a backstabber and a complete tool for your insinuations.
Like Post
07-14-2017, 04:07 PM
 (Print Post)
Quote:
Quote:

its fixed now. but youre still a backstabber and a complete tool for your insinuations.
What happened to moving on?

Well let's see what I learned today from the Masters. Wink

B += _
Like Post
07-14-2017, 04:15 PM
 (Print Post)
This thread should probably have been locked down some time ago.

It will be interesting to see who gets the last word in before the great disappearing act.

Well whoever you are, I am glad to play the stooge in bringing attention to this issue. (I know I know, a part I was born to play!)

Many thanks  ;-))

B += _
Like Post